Wednesday, 31 December 2014

December 31, 2014

On the cusp of a New Year, thanks to Susannah Conway's course on Find Your Word 2015 and my friend Heather, my word for the next year will be "balanced".  No, it isn't written in stone, but at least it is a jumping off point for the many exciting projects I have planned for the next 12 months.

First and foremost, I need to get my studio space more balanced (read tidy).  Once that is done, there are many art and craft projects I wish to undertake.  But the big one, of course, is to finish the book and get it published.  It has had a good start since it was begun last spring, but now I am hoping my word will install the focus it needs to reach its completion.

1 Comments:

At 4 January 2015 at 13:02 , Blogger Unknown said...

January 4, 2015

Got the studio tidied, all the Christmas stuff put away and now have my granddaughter for a few babysitting days until we leave for the Dominican for a couple of weeks.

Am focussing on some of the research needed for the book, primarily on the film "Life or Debt" and various articles extolling the pros and cons of volunteer tourism. I am also taking an e-course on how to publish on Kindle. It feels good to get some of this creative work done! In the middle of the month, I will be starting an e-course in art with my friend Sasha. That is also exciting.

I auditioned for the play "Hats--the Musical" and was given the part of Princess. 2015 seems to be my year for investing in and balancing my creative pursuits. Yay!!

Emotional balance will be one of the challenges for 2015. There is always a fine "balance" between strict detachment and neediness. Wish me luck!

I always come back to "The Four Agreements" when I am seeking that kind of balance. For those of you not familiar with this book, I would highly recommend it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home